Hockey Wales are delighted to be the first National Governing Body in Wales to sign the LGB&T Sport Charter. This reinforces our on-going commitment to ensure people from all over Wales regardless of their sexuality or gender identity are able to play hockey in a warm, friendly and welcoming environment.
We are proud to say that homophobic, biphobic or transphobic abuse and bullying within hockey is not a significant problem, and the vast majority of clubs are very inclusive and we will continue to work with our clubs and workforce to ensure this remains the case.
Some ways you can demonstrate that you are LGB&T friendly:
- join in the annual rainbow laces campaign and play some games wearing rainbow coloured shoe laces
- get your club to use the hashtag #PROUDTOPLAY
- Contact email@example.com with your club details to feature on the LGB&T Sport Cymru Website
These clubs have already signed up:
- Rhondda Ladies Hockey Club
- Llantrisant and Llantwit Hockey Club
- Whitchurch Valleys Hockey Club
- Penarth Hockey Club
- Llanybyddr Hockey Club
- Howardians Hockey Club
- Wrexham Hockey Club
Events and Opportunities
There will be information on the following events and opportunities coming soon:
- Pride Cymru 2017
- Rainbow Laces Campaign 2017
- #proudtoplay club pledges
We work closely with LGB&T Sport Cymru to breakdown the sporting barriers faced by the LGB&T Community and to support and promote the campaigns that they carry out, promoting hockey as an inclusive sport.
Recently, LGB&T Sport Cymru have produced a short film that reflects true stories and experiences faced in sport and the film will now be used in schools, clubs and any other body that want to educate young people and adults on the barriers faced.
The film can be found on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdBHdMyUAg
For more information on LGB&T Sport Cymru please contact firstname.lastname@example.org